Important Information Concerning SCN / CPN Numbers
***Please be advised that we provide a clean address & phone number for you to obtain your CPN SCN through us ***
You can use a family member or friends address, as long as it is not associated with your current Social Security Number file. If you do not have another address you can obtain one from any of the following sites.
- UPS STORE
- MailBox Forwarding
- Virtual Post Mail
- Earth Class Mail
- USA 2 Me
- Traveling Mail Box
- Ship It To
- MY RV Mail
- Get MY US Mail
Virtual Phone Numbers
You MUST have a phone number you can call from to activate the new credit card. It cannot be a made up number. If you do not have one, please visit one of these sites to get a new virtual number to use for your SCN.
Info for SCN / CPN Number Clients
We select an address that you have never used for anything to place on your SCN file and make sure the original addressees are aware of this as this is where all of your mail and credit cards under that SCN will go. This will be used with your date of birth and your First and last name!
- It is best to obtain a SCN from a different state than your social security # was issued in.
- SSN ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT ISSUE numbers using your DOB ANYMORE. It is based on Geographical area now.
- Always remember what state your SCN was issued out of.
- Memorize your SCN like it’s your social security # because this is the # that will be used for credit instead of your social sec. #.
- Memorize your new address and the county associated with the city of that new address.
- Be familiar with the addresses associated with your tradeline and know the county of those cities… (because creditors will ask questions pertaining to your credit profile to verify identity when applying for credit) You can Google the county of the tradeline cities.
- When applying for credit ALWAYS use your new address associated with the SCN, if your license or ID still contain the old address make sure the creditors do not run it with your SCN because this will merge your old credit profile with the new one (You do not want that to happen because it will destroy the A-1 credit you worked so hard to attain. Just tell the creditors that you did not update your address on your ID and or you have been a victim of fraud under that old address (many people have been and not know it).
- Start off applying for department in-store credit cards (Obtain at least 3 to 5 in-store credit Cards) before applying for larger credit such as car loans. (NOTE: creditors like to see over $60,000 placed in the annual income section when applying). The small credit will help push your information throughout the 3 credit bureaus. If this is not done in that order, you will have issues when applying for larger credit!!! Stay away from online credit, they are difficult to secure even with excellent credit. Try places such as: Belk’s, Macy’s, Furniture Stores, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, JCPenney, Jewelry Stores, Tire Shops, Lowes etc. Do not apply for Sears, they are difficult to obtain and they only give small credit limits.
- Creditors will ask question pertaining to your credit report… Know what types of tradelines are on your credit profile. Remember if you have only authorized user tradelines and no primaries, you have no installment loans!!! Thus, the answer to all of those questions pertaining to installment loans are either no or none of the above!!! If you have primaries be familiar with them and the company that they are affiliated with.
- Do not use the same contact number when applying for credit because the other address is attached to that phone number. This will merge your credit profiles!
- Do not attempt to refinance anything that was purchased under your social sec. # with the SCN, no matter how great the rates look, because this will also merge your credit profiles together and will be denied credit.
- Most importantly never allow anyone to run your old address or any information other than the information you provided them with…It is illegal for someone to use information you did not provide them with for credit check.
- Do not use SCN’s for government programs where a social security card has to be presented (for example HUD home loans).
- When applying for credit or setting up a credit monitoring, provide the “exact” same information and “correct” spelling that was previously placed under your SCN!!! Memorize the information and or keep a copy of that information with you while applying for credit.
- Please be advised! It is best to set up a credit monitor (ie. Freecreditreport.com) prior to any tradeline posting to your credit profile. Once the tradeline post it will change your current address to the address associated with the tradeline. As a result, when trying to pull up a copy of your credit file and it ask for the current city and county, you will not be able to provide it. Thus, it is important to know what’s on your credit report at all times!
CPN VS SCN
Difference in numbers!
- SSN (social security number) …social security administration
- E.I.N (employment identification number) Irs corporation numbers
- T.I.N (tax id number) irs business number
- SCN (secondary credit number) identity theft number, come from attorneys or a Law Office
- CPN (credit profile number or privacy number)
Need a FREE Merchant Account? IPowerPay.com