We have been asked this over and over in the past years, and my answer is, and will always be the same thing.
These are the things you cannot do with a CPN
1. You cannot call it your SSN NUMBER, because it is NOT –
2. You cannot use it for employment purposes.
3. You cannot buy a home with a credit profile number.
4. You cannot pay or file taxes with a credit profile numbers.
5. You cannot secure any government loan with a credit profile number.
6. You cannot obtain an SSN CARD with a Credit Profile Number.
7. You cannot say its your SSN when asked, it is a credit profile number.
8. You cannot have more than one credit profile numbers.
9. You cannot use someone else’s name or dob for a credit profile number.
10. You cannot join the military with a credit profile number.
These rules do NOT change EVER – There will not be anytime in any future where these rules will change. So please remember that.
Also remember – Whatever you acquire with your credit profile number is completely your responsibility – It is NOT a free ride.